
Well, the first snow storm of the season will soon descend on Chicago. Though the 60 degree days have been a little freaky, I wouldn't have minded sailing through winter right into spring. But no. Chicago has to pull its standard winter sneak attack. I am supposed to fly to Nashville tomorrow morning for the Affordable Art Summit with TAG Art Gallery. Rather than risk waiting at the airport all day, I may just stay home and work in the studio. I shipped another three packages of artwork for the TAG show yesterday, including 4 more bird constructions, a large salmon painting , the Cowboy Opera collage (posted here), a recent grasshopper painting, and this guitar player piece. Much of the attention for the show has been on Steve Keene's work, including this recent Critic's Pick listing in Nashville Scene, so I'm happy to be showing my medium and large works (in addition to the panel paintings) to better acquaint Nashville with my work. Two other artists will be showing this weekend - Dave Warnke and El Rey.
Yesterday was also the official launch of our Holiday Gift Guide page. In addition to special holiday pricing on all available works, we've added a selection of items for direct purchase through the website. Orders must be placed by December 13 for guaranteed shipment by Christmas, so start browsing now>>.
On Tuesday, Ali and I met with Matt McDermott of Chicago City Arts Review to discuss the soon-to-open Chicago City Arts Gallery. Scheduled to open in February in the Fine Arts Building, I will be one of the gallery artists with a group show devoted to my Ruralists collective tentatively scheduled for April 2007. Full details will be unveiled once the Chicago City Arts Gallery website is live.















No comments:
Post a Comment