- Lora Fosberg - Chicago painter and printmaker represented by Linda Warren Gallery
- Lisa Congdon - San Francisco mixed media artist and illustrator
- AmyRuppel - self-taught artist, photographer, illustrator, and web designer with Velocity Art and Design
- Justin Lyon - mixed media artist
- Brian Dettmer - mixed media artist originally from Chicago and now living in Atlanta
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Artist Comparisions
During studio visits and art fairs, a frequent comment is "This work reminds me of X". While each artist reacts differently to such feedback, we tend to enjoy the comparisons as a convenient way to discover new artists. After all, chances are pretty good that something will resonate in the work and we'll like what we see. Here are a few of our favorites:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















3 comments:
hey there, lisa congdon here; what an interesting post!! I love the work of Lora Fosberg so much and had never seen it, so thank you! Amy Ruppel is a good friend. Cheers,
Lisa
hey there....this is Lora Fosberg....Im so flattered that any one even knows who I am let alone having something posted about me that I didnt have to write myself!!! ..what a small world....dolan, we met at the renegade art fair in chicago last summer when i introduced myself to you because I love your bird collage constructions.....and I have coveted brian's work ever since we showed together at aron packer gallery in 1997 (?)...great work at the bridge fair by the way.....and nice to meet everyone else!!! thanks for the post dolan....fairly accurate too!!!
best,
Lora
Hi Lisa, Hi Lora:
Thanks so much for your comments. It's flattering to know that fellow artists and designers are beginning to check out the blog. Lora, do you recall a short-lived gallery in Pilsen called Fleur Fine Art? I was the director of the gallery at the time and you stopped in one day. I have been following your work ever since. Anywho. Thanks again to you both.
Ali Walsh
www.dolangeiman.com
Post a Comment