DOLAN GEIMAN LODGE CLUB

Join the Dolan Geiman Lodge Club to exchange links and receive 10% off all Dolan Geiman purchases.

GRAB A BANNER



For more banner sizes, visit our Downloads page.

SEE OUR POST ON OCT 11

Hello, Splendor

Followers

NETWORKED BLOGS

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Grade School Fad

Along with the usual childhood collection of He-Man, G.I.Joe and Star Wars figures, I was also really into collecting stickers and pencils. While I was home over the holidays, I found one of my pencil boxes from grade school, filled with pencils and the occasional love letter. Not sure why I decided to collect these things, but I think it had something to do with the really cute girl who sold them in the school library. I was such a sucker. But recently, I found out that I wasn’t alone. At least, not entirely. I found a couple of other folks who appear to have the same fascination, although they are lacking in the Rainbow Brite pencil department. Check these collections:

http://www.pencilpages.com/gallery/eagle/eagle.htm

http://www.brandnamepencils.com/

And then if you want to take it further, you can reminisce about the erasers, as well. I know I definitely had a ton of these. I had some that were like ice cream cones, and elephants. Basically, I think all of this stuff was just used for school fundraisers. And also, kids and fads go hand in hand. Check these peeps:

http://joewoodworker.com/erasers/erasercollection.htm

These next ones are the ones I remember.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/suba/3D/Animals1.jpg

I can't quit with this line of thinking till I cover all the bases. You know what's next: Plastic Charm bracelets.

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/undadog_8hotmailcom0.shtml

Believe it or not, there are no sites devoted solely to these things. I guess I am a little disappointed, considering the fact that girls at my school would cut off your leg to get that plastic Hairdryer charm from your anklet.

No comments: