DOLAN GEIMAN LODGE CLUB

Join the Dolan Geiman Lodge Club to exchange links and receive 10% off all Dolan Geiman purchases.

GRAB A BANNER



For more banner sizes, visit our Downloads page.

SEE OUR POST ON OCT 11

Hello, Splendor

Followers

NETWORKED BLOGS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Support Brick and Mortar: Seagrass (Winnetka, IL)



Today, we're thrilled to introduce Maria Smith, owner of North Shore's Seagrass. We met Maria at the One of a Kind Show and Sale in 2005, our first year to participate in the annual Merchandise Mart holiday event. Maria soon began stocking our work at her Winnetka store and has remained a loyal supporter ever since. It's always a treat for us to see the Maria and her staff's amazing merchandising skills, in particular the way Seagrass integrates our constructions, Panel Paintings, and BOX PRINT reproductions with furniture and decorative accessories to create these lovely interior vignettes that are visually stunning, but still inviting and unforced. For this reason, we highly recommend that individuals take advantage of Seagrass's free interior design services, highlighted in today's retailer interview:


Tell us a little about you and the start of Seagrass.
I've lived on both the East coast and the West coast, which gave me the inspiration to open a coastal inspired
life store. The store was conceived in the fall of 2004.

Sidenote: We love Seagrass's tagline: A Bit of the East Coast on the North Shore.

How would you describe Seagrass’s vision or mission?
To create an environment inspired by nature through the use of its colors and textures and incorporating fine art by local artists and unique vintage finds by neighboring communities. I'm also inspired by eco-conscious products and feel it my responsibility to promote and support these businesses.

What's new in Seagrass? What's one of the most unusual/unique items for sale in your shop?
Along with the launch of our new website seagrasshome.com, I love to have nautical-inspired vintage finds in the shop. Right now we have a set of vintage buoys and cork floats that have been turned into lamps. We also have a weathered sailboat drag that hangs in the shop that I'd really love to have converted into a chandelier.

What's one of the craziest things (good or bad) that has happened in the last year?
This past year has proven to be a bit crazy and challenging in that I've had to be more resilient, patient and resourceful to survive in this economy.

When you go to sleep at night, what excites you about going to work the next day?
My shop continues to inspire me. And I feel it to be wonderfully challenging to strive to make it better. From the beautiful artwork on the walls to the unique vintage as well as new pieces, to the wonderful staff who are always so enthusiastic, helpful and offer great ideas! I feel so lucky they chose to work at Seagrass!

What's your proudest moment since opening Seagrass?
Having a store that my customers say they love shopping at. And being able to offer free design and accessorizing services to all my customers.

Anything new or exciting on the horizon?
Aside from launching my e-commerce website this past year of which I'm really proud of (thanks Allison!), I'm excited to see what 2010 has up it's sleeve. And I look forward to offering even more amazing new and vintage pieces here at Seagrass!

More about Seagrass & January sale:
Seagrass is located at 895 Green Bay Road in Winnetka, IL.
You can learn more about Seagrass and shop online at seagrasshome.com. Through January 31, save 25% store-wide on all purchases (special orders included) and 50% off all Christmas items.


Upcoming Event:
Pretty Bird jewelry trunk show
Thursday, Feb 4: 11am-2pm
one-of-a-kind Valentine's Day pieces & discuss re-purposing your heirlooms into custom bracelets

No comments: