
clockwise from top left: refurbished vintage frame, mug by Circa Ceramics, Thomas Paul pillow, vintage owl planter, hand-printed linen print by Three Sheets 2 The Wind, fair trade hand bag

Also knowing what it is like to run a small business as a husband and wife team, we commend Lara and her husband Tim for the hard work and devotion they show in regularly updating their website. There is fresh content to explore with every visit to the website and I imagine the same is true with their in-store merchandising and interior vignettes. I particularly enjoy the daily posts on the Enid blog.
For all these reasons and more, we're delighted to introduce Lara Collins Bob of Enid:

Tell us a little about the start of Enid.
Coming from a family of designers and artists, I've always been intrigued by unique and artistic creations. It wasn't till after I opened Enid, that I realized what a great fit it was for me as a career. I love finding amazing goods to offer my customers, while supporting talented artists and designers in doing what they were meant to do!
How would you describe Enid?
Enid is a mix of lifestyle goods. The common theme throughout is clean creative design. I don't like to put limits on what I can and cannot carry. If its either unique, handmade, vintage, or all of the above, it fits!
What's new at Enid?
I'm obsessed with my newest product from Fiat Luxe Designs which is an oval shaped bar of soap encased in felted wool. It's a natural soap and washcloth all in one!
What's one of the craziest things (good or bad) that has happened in the last year?
Since I opened Enid, less than a year ago, I'd have to say starting my own business was my craziest deed of the year. When I look back, its hard to believe I had the guts to take such a risk.
When you go to sleep at night, what excites you about going to work the next day?
Perfect question for me! I often lie awake at night thinking of the projects I get to work on the following day. I really love refurbishing vintage pieces.
What's your proudest moment since opening Enid?
Being featured on Daily Candy was pretty exciting. It was a goal of mine, and it was fun to see it accomplished.
Anything new or exciting on the horizon?
My husband and I have big plans to take Enid on the road this year. We love to travel and are planning to attend as many retail and craft shows we can find.
Enid is moving to a new location at 148 A East Main Street in Fredicksburg, Texas this week, sharing a space with the retail shop for Lara's father's jewelry line Jeep Collins. Enid is online at enidlifestyle.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter.















1 comment:
Thanks guys! You did a great job in representing enid!!!
Post a Comment