We ventured through the land of cotton; bowled over the byways, bested back roads and broke our stride with beef brisket and sage scented bar bee Que. From Houston to Little Rock, from Memphis to Mo-line , the black asphalt steam clouded my mind and left me driving dazed but determined...For in that land of soft ceremony and hard liquor, I was seeking out a junk truckers daydream, a roadside rendezvous with flea market mayhem. I was under the gun, running from artshow to studio to refill my wares, but still managed to snag a few simple souvenirs from the southland, spread out here like butter on bread.
Bowl of cotton, found in a ditch in Missouri
Red metal number Seven from Texas junk shop
Arkansas License plate was stuck up on the ceiling at the junk store
Sparkly numbers from a Texas roadside attraction
Aluminum and brass hang-tags for cattle and sheep
Wooden folding rulers from Texas schoolhouse
Aluminum level from Arkansas thrift
Bible, Elephant book, and rat trap. Gifts from God.
Wheels from children's toys, roadside junk stand in Texas
Old measuring tape, from Arkansas thrift
















2 comments:
Nice finds! I love that sort of stuff too!
I just found your blog. Love your art, your finds, and your words. Xo Carrie Lee
Post a Comment