Stumbling around on the internet one day, we discovered the blog pobox607 written by a gal named Lisa based in Moss Beach, California. We love the earthy feel of the blog and her many wonderful Etsy Treasuries. But our ears really perked up when we discovered her mixedtape column and we immediately invited Lisa to write a guest post for our Music vs Mondays column. Enjoy!
SENSE OF PLACE
In retrospect, I have lived much of my life as a nomad so far; traveling from place to place for work, education, family, friends, adventure, and love. Before the age of 3, I lived in Scotland, upstate New York, and on an island in Washington State. By the age of 18 I had lived in 13 different houses, and called forests, beaches, and streams my backyard. I even lived aboard a ship for 4 months sailing around the world. Michigan, New York, California, and Washington State I called home in my twenties. I do not think of home as one place. For me, home is the culmination of houses lived in, cities wandered to find that favorite coffee shop, friends and family. Home is the camp I spent my summer's at, my college town, and the house I currently share with my boyfriend. Home is pobox607. Home is love. Home is familiarity. Home is a sense of place amidst the chaos and stress of the world around us.
SENSE OF PLACE, a music vs monday mixtape by pobox607
take me home country roads. toots + the maytals
our house. crosby stills nash + young
you remind me of home. ben gibbard
alive. pearl jam
good to see you again. neil young
home. edward sharpe + the magnetic zeros
ypsilanti song. ragbirds
weight of lies. avett brothers
the only living boy in new york. simon + garfunkel
a little more country than that. easton corbin
the right place. monsters of folk
beach house. cave singers
lookin out my backdoor. creedence clearwater revival
home. josh morrison
homegrown tomatoes. guy clark
Thanks again to Lisa for today's wonderful compilation. Who wants to share their playlist with us for next week's Music vs Monday?















No comments:
Post a Comment