The first is a custom shelf for Interior Spaces/Carrie Ratliff, a local interior designer.
Next, is a wall panel series for Trunkt. The background color was originally green on this piece, but the client wanted the background color changed to orange. No problem. After receiving a color swatch from the client, the background color was changed and the piece was just shipped out for delivery.
Lastly, I am working on a large piece with trees inspired by one of my new 2007 panel painting themes. The piece will be 2 x 4 feet for placement above a client's fireplace. Images will be posted soon.
In between these commissions, I am working on a bunch of small bird constructions, my Scrapyard Series paintings for delivery to Trunkt, and 2 donation pieces. Ali and I also need to finish applying to a few art and craft fairs and start packing for our trip to Philadelphia and New York next weekend. We're participating in the Philadelphia Buyers Market's Visting Artist Program, getting the low-down on the wholesale world and trade-only shows like the recent NYIGF. Then, we're headed to New York to check in with our retailers and solicit some new ones. After courting the Folk Art Museum's gift shop curator for a couple years now, I finally have an appointment with her, aka 15 minutes to show her my work and make an impression.
Nothing like a little art making to get the blood flowin' all in a days (weeks) work.
















No comments:
Post a Comment