DOLAN GEIMAN LODGE CLUB

Join the Dolan Geiman Lodge Club to exchange links and receive 10% off all Dolan Geiman purchases.

GRAB A BANNER



For more banner sizes, visit our Downloads page.

SEE OUR POST ON OCT 11

Hello, Splendor

Followers

NETWORKED BLOGS

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Revelations and Proclamations 1/6/09


So maybe I’ve been listening to too much Brandi Carlisle, but the New Year always puts me in a very sentimental mood, and I feel trapped and a need to “get the hell out of here”. Winter definitely doesn’t help, with its moody lowlight and its icy grip. However, this year I decided to fight back. When I was young I was always outside in the cold; exploring, watching, wandering. It’s only after moving to the Midwest that I’ve been spending these frigid days indoors. Granted, I’m working more these days, but my sense of exploration hasn’t waned a bit. If anything, the desire to explore has only grown, to become another real emotion in itself, it leaves me antsy and nervous. And it must be sated, indeed. So, I’m exploring, even if it’s only my own little square of green, or rather grey, backyard. Here at the studio, I’ve got a good chunk of backyard. And even though it’s nestled in between brick and concrete and probably covering up an unhealthy amount of dried chemical sludge, it’s a wild area in a tame landscape. So this is my destination, and I’ll be dissecting it bit by bit over the next few weeks. Every bird that enters this area will be documented, every dried and dead seed pod will be identified, every concrete block will be overturned to reveal its underbelly. I don’t have time to sit around and wait for these winter blues. I’m over it. It’s time to explore. I’d encourage you to do the same in your own corner of the universe, and let’s compare notes.

--Dolan 1/6/09

No comments: