
Image c/o BloesemKids - Craft Projects by Arounna Khounnoraj - visit website
Since most people are getting ready for the Super Bowl, I thought I’d write a little blog to say how much I enjoy not watching the Super Bowl. I’m sure I’m going to lose a few of my supporters here, but I’ve never really been one to sit around stuffing my face with Doritos (wait, maybe I do like Doritos). The idea of watching a bunch of primates knock each other around is a little, how should I say, uninspiring? Maybe if I had some money riding on the game it would be more interesting. Maybe if I enjoyed couch activities (oxymoron?) I would be a little more interested. Take note: one professional football player alone can make more money in half a season than most people’s entire family does in 3 years--you tell me those guys are working harder than you are. So, in honor of boycotting this ridiculous sport where Americans readily toss the last of their money at super-pigs in jerseys on the television screen, I’ve decided to spend Sunday doing what I usually do on Sunday, make art. But this Sunday, I’ve invited a few folks to my studio, where we will most likely try to be studious, and not talk about sporting events, but about the state of the art world at large and how we can assure that our Chicago art community has a future. Sure, we have a great president, but I think most will agree with me when I say there aren’t many of us who have any laurels left to rest on these days. If you’d like to do your part, you can help the creative community by creating a greater arts awareness in your household. No this doesn’t mean flipping through your coffee table book about Degas. It’s about being active. It’s about boycotting laziness and boredom and taking charge of your creative life. It's about being a creative leader for your family. You can convince them to get off the couch and into something fun and new. Below I have listed a few at-home activities, things that are pretty simple to do, and cheap, too.
So that’s my Sunday challenge to all of you. And, if you send me pics of your projects, I’ll post them in next week’s blog, and even send you a free panel painting for being such good sports!
For the little ones:
For the teens, tweens, and everyone else:















4 comments:
Dolan,
I completely agree with your sentiments on the Superbowl: it's not just ridiculous how much money those guys make, it's a travesty. Glad you found my post! I love your style and I'm very happy to support you and introduce my very meagre readership to your work. Will stop by and visit your blog regularly in future. Cheers!
Luckily my husband loves to make photographs, so it's pretty easy to get him off the couch to go for a hike. Not having TV helps too! I'll make a point of getting crafty with the kids on Sunday.
screw it.
i agree.
I only sport I could be persuaded to watch would be Bull Riding. And then I would likely be bored after 8 seconds.
Post a Comment