Over the past few months, I’ve been gathering photos of things in my hands. Yes, it’s just what it sounds like. The idea is that to really connect with life and death most people use their hands. We pick things up, we feel them, we hold them, we break them. So I thought I would start to photograph things that I found, caught, picked up, and held in my hand. Most of these things have been fish or animals or dead birds. There's a pattern here I think. As always, my inner naturalist controls my hands, but I’ll be working this into a painting somehow in the near future.Thursday, August 20, 2009
Revelations and Proclamations: A Bird in the Hand
Over the past few months, I’ve been gathering photos of things in my hands. Yes, it’s just what it sounds like. The idea is that to really connect with life and death most people use their hands. We pick things up, we feel them, we hold them, we break them. So I thought I would start to photograph things that I found, caught, picked up, and held in my hand. Most of these things have been fish or animals or dead birds. There's a pattern here I think. As always, my inner naturalist controls my hands, but I’ll be working this into a painting somehow in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
What a wonderful connection!
It's a beautiful photograph!
what kind of a hummer is that? Jules and I saw them by the dozens in CO this summer.
Post a Comment